Re: libtiff borken - cannot build anymore?

Norbert Preining <preining <at> logic.at> writes:

> > That to prevent is what package relationships are for!
>
> And? I did lots of test, but forgot that texlive-lang will be in
> the NEW queue, thus full upgrades will not work.

Please anyone else, correct me if I’m wrong, but I see the following
scenario:

Teχ consists of packages “foo” and “bar”. Norbert says he uploaded both
but “bar” sits in the NEW queue, which is why the upgraded “foo” will
not work.

To me, this looks as if “foo” needs a versioned Depends on “bar” *and*
“bar” possibly needs a versioned Breaks against older “foo”.
Or “foo” needs a versioned Breaks against older “bar” and possibly
a(n unversioned) Depends/Recommends/Suggests against “bar”, depending
on the scenario.

Forgetting that things could sit in the NEW queue is no excuse, as
partial upgrades are supported by Debian.

Or did I understand the issue wrong? If so, you have my apologies, Norbert.

bye,
//mirabilos