Re: libtiff borken - cannot build anymore?

Hi Thorsten,

On Di, 21 Mai 2013, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> >Currently everyone is upgrading libkpathsea6 to in incompatible
> >version, because texlive-lang is in NEW and the partial upgrade
> >breaks the whole TeX system.
>
> I *really* hope you’re joking here.

No.

> That to prevent is what package relationships are for!

And? I did lots of test, but forgot that texlive-lang will be in
the NEW queue, thus full upgrades will not work.

Yes, errors happen, and that is the reason I fixed it in a new
upload.

> You might want to develop a better relationship (not package)
> with the packages you depend on; I’ve fixed lots of bugs in

It is my own package, no need to complain.

> resolved *correctly*, with*out* introducing further security
> issues and RC bugs.

CAN YOU ALL STOP BITCHING AROUND ABOUT A NON-EXISTING ISSUE?!?!?!?!?!

How many times do I have to explain that
* the code is NOT USED but for the configure step and NO PROGRAM
  is linked against it
* a upcoming upload will remove the code again
  (thanks to Ondřej)

I am always told that I am disruptive and aggressive, but all those
people incapable of reading and understanding emails should get the
same treatment please.

I repeat, everyone listen

THERE IS NO SECURITY ISSUE ! ! ! ! !

And now can all of you please stop this useless thread ...

Norbert