Upgrade path from experimental to unstable

Hi,

I haven't been able to find anything on that in policy, so I have a question...

Since the state of Debian experimental is well "experimental", should
we care about upgrade paths from experimental to unstable? I am
inclined to say "no", but I would like to hear opinion of other
developers.

Specific example:
There was a time when experimental had 'libgd2-3' and it was renamed
to libgd3 (after consulting this with d-d and d-r). I haven't done the
usual Conflicts/Replace to not clutter the control file, since I have
assumed that people using experimental should be able to resolve this
themselves.

This is very simple example, but there might be other more complicated
scenarios, where caring about the upgrade path might not be
desireable.

So what are your opinions?

Ondrej
--