Re: GFDL in main

Bastien ROUCARIES <roucaries.bastien@gmail.com> writes:

> These packages include documentation licensed under GFDL with Invariant
> Sections or Cover Texts:

> autoconf2.64

The documentation has subsequently been relicensed upstream to remove the
invariant sections requirement.  I'm not sure what our stance is on that,
given that the contents of the documentation in this release are
essentially identical to the documentation at the point at which it was
relicensed.

It is, at the least, exceedingly unlikely that anyone would ever enforce
those license terms, given that they've been changed.

On the other hand, it looks like this package exists almost solely for
GCC.  The only package that Build-Depends or Depends on it other than the
GCC package set is kyototycoon.  So the documentation probably isn't
particularly important.  (It would be lovely if GCC would switch to a
current Autoconf so that we could just get rid of this package entirely,
but I suspect that's an upstream problem.)