Re: jessie release goals

On 16-05-13 21:27, Clint Byrum wrote:
> Excerpts from Wouter Verhelst's message of 2013-05-14 03:22:14 -0700:
>> On 13-05-13 05:59, Mark Symonds wrote:
>>> Can we keep the distribution simple enough for nearly anyone to understand?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> The goal of Debian is not to be "simple". While we should document
>> things as much as possible so that the interested can learn how things
>> work, in no case should we ever avoid doing the technically sound
>> because it is "difficult to understand".
>>

> One could argue the opposite: making things hard to understand is
> technically unsound because it compromises the ability of engineers to
> understand and change or fix it.

There is a very wide gap between making things "hard to understand" and
making things simple enough so that "nearly anyone" can understand it...

I believe that the latter is at least as bad an idea as the former.

--
This end should point toward the ground if you want to go to space.

If it starts pointing toward space you are having a bad problem and you
will not go to space today.

  -- http://xkcd.com/1133/