Re: Apport for Debian

Hi,

On Fri, 17 May 2013, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:
> That is a good point. Thanks Thomas. We could submit apport reports with
> the tag "Apport" and instruct reportbug to forward the report to
> "package@qa.debian.org".
>
> This way we avoid the flood of bug reports in general while at the same
> time the concerned parties are kept aware.
>
> What do other folks think? Will this model work?
> I know not every package has the debug symbols generated, but that item
> doesn't have a time line. And besides, the report can still be useful
> for some.

I don't understand why you believe that submitting those backtraces
by email is desirable. IMO you should aim to create a centralized
Crash database and that's where apport should submit those.

That way you can avoid duplication and we can then export this
information via the Package Tracking System (without sending duplicate
mails).

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

Get the Debian Administrator's Handbook:
→ http://debian-handbook.info/get/