Re: jessie release goals

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 12:17:06PM +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2013-05-07 23:53:07 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> > Now please, do the same reasoning with some other services,
> > like Apache, pure-ftpd, or bind, and explain to me why you would
> > like to have these installed, but not working.
>
> I agree for these services (though Apache is useless after just
> being installed, as one just has a dummy web page). But not for

I've installed apache a bunch of times with the default configuration.
After that the webpages are placed in /var/www and everything works.

So I wouldn't say a apache default installation is useless. It works
just fine and if the default config is not what one intends to use
then it does no harm between being installed and being fully
configured. At least I don't consider serving that single "it works"
page as harmfull.

MfG
	Goswin