Re: parsable copyright format 1.0 (jessie release goals)

Le Tue, May 14, 2013 at 09:31:00AM +1200, Robert Collins a écrit :
> Sadly
> On 13 May 2013 00:00, "Sune Vuorela" <nospam@vuorela.dk> wrote:
>
> > How many hours of developer time is it worth to spend to accomplish
> > these, in my opinion,  real fringe use cases ?
>
> Let me start out by saing that I'm not at all a fan of the machine readable
> copyright files - it seems to me there has to be a better way to achieve
> the use cases... but!

Hi,

writing copyright files is a pain, maintaining them is a pain.  Not all of
their contents is required to comply with the licenses.

I use the machine-readable format because I feel that it makes my work simpler
as a maintainer.

If it makes your work harder, then by all means do not use it.

It is just as simple as this.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy