Re: systemd^wfoo on linux, bar on bsd,so what (Re: /bin/sh (was Re: jessie release goals)

On May 13, "gustavo panizzo <gfa>" <gfa@zumbi.com.ar> wrote:

> On 2013-05-12 21:31, md@Linux.IT wrote:
> >Maybe kfreebsd will do, but as I explained at FOSDEM I plan to
> >make udev depend on either upstart or systemd.
> do you have a link to a presentation, blog post, or whatever
> explaining the rationale behind this?
There is no such thing. The rationale is quite simple: a complex low
level package like udev requires complex and tight integration with the
boot process, and I do not want to duplicate this effort and then have
one of the implementations which will get little or no testing.

--
ciao,
Marco