Re: jessie release goals

On 05/13/2013 08:33 AM, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

]] Vincent Lefevre

On 2013-05-13 13:32:51 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:

No, it does not, since the default configuration («Local only»)
sets

This is not the default configuration, just the default choice (it
is not written "Default configuration").

I'm looking forward to an essay on the differences between «the configuration you end with when selecting the default choice» and
«the default configuration».

It seems obvious to me.

The default configuration is the one you get when not specifying any
configuration at all. (E.g. when you omit a config file entirely, or
include only a blank config file, or a config file with only comments.)

The configuration you get when specifying the default choice is whatever
configuration the default choice defines, which may very well not be the
same as not specifying any configuration at all.

--
   The Wanderer

side of it.

Every time you let somebody set a limit they start moving it.
  - LiveJournal user antonia_tiger