Re: jessie release goals

On 2013-05-13 13:32:51 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> ]] Vincent Lefevre
>
> > On 2013-05-13 13:01:27 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > > So you configured it through debconf, in a non-default way, and it
> > > refused mails according to how you configured it.
> >
> > AFAIK, debconf is the *only* choice. Perhaps debconf has a way
> > to use the default configuration, but that's also bad (and even
> > worse, since more mail could be rejected) as by default, postfix
> > listens on all interfaces:
>
> No, it does not, since the default configuration («Local only») sets

This is not the default configuration, just the default choice (it is
not written "Default configuration"). What is written in the dialog is
confusing. The "mail server configuration type that best meets [my]
needs" is clearly Internet Site. Instead of "best meets your needs",
it should say "before additional configuration" (or it could say
both). Also at this time, the user is not yet aware that the config
will be incomplete, and he could choose "Internet Site" thinking that
everything will be fine at the end of the debconf questions.