Re: jessie release goals

]] Vincent Lefevre

> On 2013-05-12 18:51:10 +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> > ]] Vincent Lefevre
> > > But not for postfix, which can reject mail by default without an
> > > initial configuration. Since it is not working by default, and loses
> > > mail, the daemon shouldn't be enabled by default.
> >
> > IIRC, postfix defaults to local mail only, listening on localhost only,
> > so how it would reject mail by default, I'm not sure?
>
> According to the history of my config files, this was not the case
> on my Debian machine where I installed postfix. This may depend on
> the answers to some questions at install time (there is something
> like that for exim, I don't remember for postfix), but in such a
> case, I answered according to my use of postfix.

So you configured it through debconf, in a non-default way, and it
refused mails according to how you configured it.  I don't see what the
postfix package should have done differently here.  It would be more
confusing for it to ask you about how it should handle mail and then
just not handle mail for you after that.

--
Tollef Fog Heen