Re: Apport for Debian

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Ritesh Raj Sarraf wrote:

> Apport for Debian currently resides in experimental with a whopping
> popcon stat of 11000+ installs. In the past, I have blogged [2] about
> apport's state in Debian, where I received some constructive feedback.

The popcon stats are probably overinflated due to Ubuntu recently
accidentally making popcon from Ubuntu report to popcon.debian.org,
the graph makes that obvious:

http://qa.debian.org/popcon.php?package=apport

Another issue is privacy; backtraces may contain private information
that should not leave the system and there is no automated way to
determine that. How does Ubuntu deal with that?

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise