Re: jessie release goals

Maybe we could have a release goal of dropping as many lib32* and lib64* packages as possible in favor of multi-arch.  (And also as many package dependencies on libc6-[i386|amd64] as possible, which would in addition mean limiting some packages to arch:i386 if they currently provide a fake arch:amd64 package with an i386 binary.)

Of course, to completely get rid of everything including libc6-* and lib32gcc1, etc., we'd need special configuration on the buildds to continue building gcc with multilib support; and the GCC maintainer has expressed resistance to being that radical even if we could get this buildd support.
--
Daniel Schepler