Re: Source build-dependencies

On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 1:03 AM, Wookey wrote:

> I'd vote for that too, as it would be very helpful for
> cross-toolchain building. I hadn't realised that source build-deps
> was a possibility. Is it? Does anyone have a proposal for how it might
> work?

It isn't a possibility yet, it could be if the apt maintainers implemented it.

I suggest: depending or build-depending on foo:source would make apt
place source packages at /usr/src/debian/.

Another one I would like is to be able to depend or build-dep on
foo:build-depends or foo [Build-Depends] (or by extension
foo:depends), which would mean we could get rid of the ugly hack that
is mk-build-deps.

--
bye,
pabs