Re: 2013 sometimes still feels like 2003 or 1993 (Re: NEW processing during freezes

Hi,

Am Freitag, den 10.05.2013, 16:05 -0400 schrieb Barry Warsaw:
> For the 13.04 release, Ubuntu made a change to its procedure whereby
> source-only uploads to the development release (e.g. raring) actually go to
> e.g. raring-proposed first.  The builds are attempted and only if they
> succeed, pass their autopkgtests, *and* don't make the archive less
> installable than before the new upload, are the packages copied over to the
> release, e.g. raring.

that sounds like very good QA.

What if I upload two (or 200) packages that need to be copied to the
target suite together, as each package individually will decrease
installation count. Will that require manual intervention or does the
infrastructure detect hat automatically? Are you using britney for that,
or a custom tool?

Once we have PPA (DPA?) I’d really like to have that for „my“ staging
PPAs.

Greetings,
Joachim
--