Re: jessie release goals

On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 09:34:09PM +0100, Noel David Torres Taño wrote:
> On Lunes, 6 de mayo de 2013 13:49:57 Andreas Beckmann wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > now might be the right time to start a discussion about release goals
> > for jessie. Here are some points that come into my mind right now (and
> > some were already discussed very recently):
> >
> > * multiarch compatible binNMUs
> > * discarding maintainer uploaded binary packages [!arch:all]
> > * discarding maintainer uploaded binary packages [incl. arch:all]
> > * extending binNMUs to allow rebuilding arch:all packages (so it's no
> > longer a "binary only" but a sourceful no-change rebuild - the classic
> > binNMU should stay of course)
> >

> > Andreas
> >
> > ... looking forward to have PPAs in the future :-)
>
> I would like to see multiarch fully working (it is not, see #705834)

What does that have to do with multiarch. The actual problem there
seems to be:

update-alternatives: error: alternative path /usr/bin/wine32-unstable doesn't exist
dpkg: error processing wine-bin-unstable (--install):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 2

That is just a single packaging bug. Nothing worth a release goal.

MfG
	Goswin