Re: multiarch and interpreters/runtimes

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 04:41:35PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:

> So what is the status for some runtimes/interpreters (would like to see some
> follow-up/corrections from package maintainers)?

>  - Perl: Afaik, Neil did prepare the interpreter to cross-build, and
>    to co-install the runtime and development files. What about
>    cross-building third party modules?

I haven't looked at the cross-building part much myself, so I'll let
Neil or Wookey answer that. I'll just point out that I have worked on
'full multiarch' support in perl [1] with a co-installable libperl and
the standard library, but that turned up the concerns expressed here by
Guillem about shared library 'embedded' interpreters and arch-dep modules.

There's also some status information by Wookey at
 http://wiki.debian.org/Multiarch/Perl

[1] http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=perl/perl.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ntyni/multiarch-5.16
    http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=perl/perl.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/ntyni/multiarch-5.14

--