Re: multiarch and interpreters/runtimes

Le jeudi 18 avril 2013 à 16:41 +0200, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> - Python: co-installable runtime and development files, cross-buildability
>    upstreamed for 2.7.4 and 3.3.1. There is a way to cross-build third
>    party modules using distutils/setuptools. Packages are available in
>    experimental, but because I didn't backport this to 2.6 and 3.2, not
>    much useful. Install an Ubuntu raring (13.04) chroot to experiment
>    with these. Details at http://wiki.debian.org/Python/MultiArch

Will there be a way to co-install modules too?

As for GObject introspection modules (which replace native Python
modules for the whole of GNOME), there is nothing stopping a generic
multiarch implementation, it just needs to be done (and will probably be
soon).

> - Lua, Ocaml, Haskell, Guile, ... ?

GJS / Seed: I don’t think there is any use case but it could be done
once GI modules are multiarch capable.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :