Re: [pkg-lighttpd] Changing the default document root for HTTP server

]] Olaf van der Spek

> FHS says /srv contains site-specific data which is served by this system.
> Besides, it's the admin that's going to populate the space, so if it's
> not enough, he can change the location.

You're going to end up with some packages creating directories in /srv
with the wrong name (and it'll be the wrong name whatever you choose,
since reasonable people have different ideas about what the right
structure should be) and maintainers who'll then put that into debconf
at priority low who'll then respond with «but you can run debconf at
priority low and get asked about it» and we'll get huge flame wars.
It's just not a good idea.

I'd rather we just either added an excemption for /var/www or moved it
to /var/lib/www as Russ suggested.

--
Tollef Fog Heen