Re: bug reports with urls in them

On Mon, 2 Apr 2012, Michael Welle <mwe012008@gmx.net> wrote:
> I agree only partly with that. Losing a bug report or two is one
> thing. Imagine a potential or actual customer sending an email to a
> company and getting a response like: 'Well, we don't know on which data
> we form our opinion, but we think you are a nigerian scammer or you eat
> kitten babies. Either way, we don't like you, go away.'. That's what's
> happening.

Actually companies do that all the time.  Some corporate web sites used to
reject browsers other than IE.  Lots of corporate web sites can't provide full
functionality without Flash installed, for example the .au site of almost
every car company depended on Flash last time I checked.

I have debated this issue with web developers in the past and had them tell me
that non-IE browsers are only used by 5% of the users and they think it's best
to provide a good experience for the 95% even if it means rejecting the other
5%.

So comparing Debian to a commercial organisation doesn't support your case at
all.  Commercial organisations are more than willing to reject some customers
if it makes things easy for them.