Re: Multiarch file overlap summary and proposal (was: Summary: dpkg shared / reference counted files and version match)

Le lundi 13 février 2012 à 22:43 -0800, Russ Allbery a écrit :
> There's been a lot of discussion of this, but it seems to have been fairly
> inconclusive.  We need to decide what we're doing, if anything, for wheezy
> fairly soon, so I think we need to try to drive this discussion to some
> concrete conclusions.

Thank you very much for your constructive work.

> 3. Generated documentation.  Here's where I think refcounting starts
>    failing.

So we need to move a lot of documentation generated with gtk-doc or
doxygen from -dev packages to -doc packages. But it really seems an
acceptable tradeoff between the amount of work required and the
cleanness of the solution.

> Does this seem comprehensive to everyone?  Am I missing any cases?

Are there any cases of configuration files in /etc that vary across
architectures? Think of stuff like ld.so.conf, where some plugins or
library path is coded in a configuration file.

--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette
: :' :