Re: Transition to PHP 5.4 starting soon (Re: PHP 5.4 transition in unstable)

On 02/08/2012 12:50 AM, Filipus Klutiero wrote:
> Thankfully there's a page being built to track problems in packages
> that contain PHP code: http://wiki.debian.org/PHP/54Transition

This is very nice, but how come PHP Lint isn't in Debian?
It seems to be shipped under a BSD license, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Also, for one of the package I'm maintaining, extplorer (which is a nice
web file manager), it seems to report a false positive, because it's not
parsing correctly a traditional Chinese string. The fact that PHP Lint
isn't in Debian prevents me from reporting a bug in the Debian BTS,
and tracking issues (sure, I can report it upstream, but that's not
same...).

Filipus, do you think you'd have time to package PHP Lint?

Thomas