Re: Removing web server dependencies from web apps

On 01/06/2012 06:43 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:

>>> None, because that's forbidden by the Debian policy.
>>>
>> Where is that forbidden?
>
> Sorry, I don't want to spend the time to search and point at it.
> But I'm quite sure of what I'm saying. What packages do, is
> install an Alias directive, but *never* a VirtualHost.

it's not policy incompliant if e.g. php5 would install
/etc/apache2/sites-enabled/whatever containing a virtualhost definition.
the reason why nobody would do that, is, that it's just wrong and
unreasonable to do such a thing (where e.g. aliases and directory
directives are a reasonable thing to do for a web application).

or in other words; you right with your description of the resulting
situation, but the reason is not policy, but common sense.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann@progress-technologies.net