Re: wheezy Kernel updating to 3.2.35-2 x86_64 changes the Debian release version

piruthiviraj natarajan <piruthiviraj@gmail.com> writes:

> Today I did a kernel update in debian wheezy to  3.2.35-2 x86_64 .
> After doing the update the
> root@localhost:~# lsb_release -a
> No LSB modules are available.
> Distributor ID:    Debian
> Release:    7.0
> Codename:    wheezy
> root@localhost:~#
> From testing it moved to release.

You probably upgraded base-files at the same time.

> I am new to debian. Does this mean Debian wheezy has moved to RC ?

Not really.  It mostly just means that base-files has been updated for the
release.  We're getting closer, but my guess is something like March.  No
date has been set; as always, it will be done when it's done.