Re: Math Fonts for Iceweasel and MathJax

On 21/12/2012 16:31, Ian Jackson wrote:
I think by looking at the dependencies you are targeting the wrong part of the problem. Rather than trying to arrange for these troublesome fonts not to be installed, you should probably instead arrange for the fontconfig configuration to prefer other fonts even when the troublesome ones are present. Otherwise people who happen to install those troublesome fonts for other reasons will still find that things break. Thanks, Ian.
Sorry, what I said was not accurate. There will be rendering bugs if these old fonts are installed AND the user still has some old preferences for these fonts in about:config. However, the support for these fonts has been totally removed in the most recent versions of Iceweasel, so that should not happen any more. So removing these suggestions (which has already been done) was really because they are totally useless now. My main concern was to add suggestion for newer fonts to improve the MathML rendering. I'll open a bug when the MathJax's maintainer has uploaded his change.

--
Frédéric Wang
maths-informatique-jeux.com/blog/frederic