Re: Status of circular dependencies in Sid

[Ian Jackson]
>There is still nothing per se wrong with circular dependencies

[Thorsten Glaser]
> Actually, I’m hitting an APT bug during dist-upgrades right now for
> packages with circular dependencies, usually two (perl with
> perl-modules, and g++-$version with its library), when they are
> indirectly depended on by a package with Important: yes set, as was
> recommended for metapackages which should not be considered by APT
> for automatic removal.

A similar issue with libqt4-dbus is blocking upgrades of a desktop
installation from squeeze to wheezy the last two weeks (as detected by
jenkins.debian.net).  See <URL: http://bugs.debian.org/655382 > and
related BTS reports for the details.

I really hope we can get rid of the circular package dependencies. :)

--
Happy hacking
Petter Reinholdtsen