Re: GFDL in main

* Serafeim Zanikolas <sez@debian.org>, 2012-12-12, 10:30:
If I understand correctly, the way to go is to split every problematic source package in two different source packages, one for main (shipping programs) and another for non-free (shipping documentation), with the main package suggesting the non-free one.

First one should ask upstream if they are willing to relicense the documentation. If they are not, then removing the documentation or moving it into a non-free package is the only option left.

If that's the case, the non-free package has to go through NEW, which means that the problematic packages will be shipped in wheezy without documentation. (Which is fine, just making sure we have the same understanding)

Right, unless the Release Team grants them exceptions.

--
Jakub Wilk