Re: Ubuntu have done it again,

On Sat, 2012-12-08 at 10:11 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 08, 2012 at 09:52:36AM +0100, Svante Signell wrote:
> > Something has gone completely wrong with the PR for Debian, suffering
> > from the success of derived distributions like Ubuntu.
>
> You are welcome to join the efforts of the people on the
> debian-publicity mailing list that work daily on Debian PR

Thank for the tip, I might do. RMS gave some hints i his blog:
"If you ever recommend or redistribute GNU/Linux, please remove Ubuntu
from the distros you recommend or redistribute. If its practice of
installing and recommending nonfree software didn't convince you to
stop, let this convince you. In your install fests, in your Software
Freedom Day events, in your FLISOL events, don't install or recommend
Ubuntu. Instead, tell people that Ubuntu is shunned for spying."

> --- it would
> likely be much more effective than shouting against other distributions
> on a mailing list devoted to Debian development

I don't consider myself shouting, do I? Maybe debian-devel is not the
correct list, but the decline of Debian users was discussed here and not
considered off-topic. I'm completely devoted to Debian and would like to
see more people using it, not only being seen as something as a base for
other distributions. Especially pleasing with Debian is it's social
contract and the DFSG :)