Re: Ubuntu have done it again,

On Sat, 2012-12-08 at 00:34 +0100, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> Le samedi, 8 décembre 2012 00.09:10, Svante Signell a écrit :
> > this time installing surveillance code.
>
> While these concerns are certainly serious, they do not concern the
> "Development of Debian".

In fact it does, see below!

> > Any reason Debian should be so closely linked to Ubuntu?
>
> No reason besides the fact that a central part of what we do is about sharing
> it for others to reuse.
>
> So please bring your concerns to another list (probably a non-Debian list in
> this specific case as this is nothing Debian can do about).

Most people I meet (and installing Linux) choose to install some kind of
Ubuntu distribution. At the same time the number of people installing
Debian is declining as discussed here lately. Something has gone
completely wrong with the PR for Debian, suffering from the success of
derived distributions like Ubuntu. So this little anecdote could, if
used properly, enhance the perceived value of Debian compared to (one
of) it's derivatives!