Re: GFDL in main

On 1 December 2012 15:42, Jean-Christophe Dubacq
<jean-christophe.dubacq@ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> On 01/12/2012 12:10, Jakub Wilk wrote:
>> These packages include documentation licensed under GFDL with Invariant
>> Sections or Cover Texts:
>>
>> bash
>> binutils
>> tar
>>
>> As per GR 2006-001 such works are not suitable for main:
>> http://www.debian.org/vote/2006/vote_001
>>
>> Any volunteers to file bugs?
>

> Yes, exactly what we needed: file a RC bug against essential packages at
> this point of release :)

Yes, this _is_ exactly what we need.

"1. Debian will remain 100% free" [1]

And we better not release until licensing problems in main are resolved.

Documentation is usually not essential to execute and run the system,
so there shouldn't be any dependency cycles to consider when removing
the documentation or shipping it in non-free.

[1] http://www.debian.org/social_contract