Re: Changes to Debian Maintainer upload permissions

Hi,

Am Montag, den 24.09.2012, 00:26 +0800 schrieb Thomas Goirand:
> On 09/23/2012 11:49 PM, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Also, the real time-consuming work for us is when we
> > need to upload all>450 packages with no source change, or a trivial
> > one.
> Someone assigned with such task as modifying (even trivially)
> and uploading 450 packages should definitively be(come) a DD.

I am not sure. Especially if the modifying is actually done before, in
the repo, reviewed by the team, maybe semi-automated across the packages
and all they are doing then is to manually build the packages in the
right order and upload them – I don’t see why a DM should be less
entitled to do so, or why we would want to have only DDs spend their
time on this tedious task.

(BTW, source only uploads anyone? Then I can easily do the uploads on my
own and need neither the DDs nor the DMs in my team to do what computers
can do better.)

That said, I am of course happy about every DHG-member that becomes a
DD.

Greetings,
Joachim

--