Re: Dyson project (Debian on illumos kernel)

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Игорь Пашев wrote:

> I think it's time to announce, that I've been working on a new Debian
> port from the last fall.
> This is Debian on illumos kernel (formerly OpenSolaris) - http://osdyson.org

Is your plan to create a Debian derivative or a Debian port to be
integrated into Debian proper?

We already have one of the former based on OpenSolaris/IllumOS:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/StormOS

Their patches against Debian packages might be helpful to you:

http://dex.alioth.debian.org/census/StormOS/patches/

If you want to make a Debian port instead, your first step would be to
move Dyson to debian-ports.org

You would also need to have license compatibility between your libc
and all the GPLed stuff in Debian.

If you don't intend to create a Debian port, please join the Debian
derivatives census and take a look at our other derivatives stuff:

http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives
http://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk
http://wiki.debian.org/DerivativesFrontDesk/FAQ
http://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census