Re: Dyson project (Debian on illumos kernel)
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Dyson project (Debian on illumos kernel)
- From: Paul Wise <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 07:35:19 +0800
- Message-id: <CAKTje6G8U2Vy0roWr9=GxjwJKb-=NvQZGe7vkmQsHr-X5yvuxA@mail.gmail.com>
- In-reply-to: <CALL-Q8xUE1_kB_5wVm+v8_=6MccEYho1vom0kc3r1k3wpnqiFg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CALL-Q8xUE1_kB_5wVm+v8_=6MccEYho1vom0kc3r1k3wpnqiFg@mail.gmail.com>
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 2:48 AM, Игорь Пашев wrote:
> I think it's time to announce, that I've been working on a new Debian
> port from the last fall.
> This is Debian on illumos kernel (formerly OpenSolaris) - http://osdyson.org
Is your plan to create a Debian derivative or a Debian port to be
integrated into Debian proper?
We already have one of the former based on OpenSolaris/IllumOS:
Their patches against Debian packages might be helpful to you:
If you want to make a Debian port instead, your first step would be to
move Dyson to debian-ports.org
You would also need to have license compatibility between your libc
and all the GPLed stuff in Debian.
If you don't intend to create a Debian port, please join the Debian
derivatives census and take a look at our other derivatives stuff: