Re: Gnome classic mode

On 12/09/2012 15:53, Jerome BENOIT wrote:

> Claiming that ``What is on CD1 is really anecdotic, since most people use (or should
> use) the netinst'' really sounds as claim of a newbie who has never installed Debian
> on a computer. So do not be surprised to get newbie like responses.
> Otherwise, I can manage anecdotic situations without reading newbie FAQ: thanks !

I am pretty sure the claim is that people installing Debian either use
netinst or use a larger support (such as USB key or DVD). Debian
requires so many CD that I do not see the practical use of the CD image
except in very specific contexts. I do not say it has no uses; I think
Josselin is right when saying that it's anecdotic. More computers
everyday do not have a CD-reader. In wheezy+2, CD will probably have
become really obsolete.

This surely could be backed by numbers of downloads, that I do not have.

Oh, and this has been discussed this summer already.

Sincerly,
--
Jean-Christophe Dubacq