[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Towards d-i wheezy beta 3

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:07:46AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> Hello,
> tiny wrap-up for beta 2: the release happened one week after the
> prospective date. Some tiny delays on various fronts added up and
> explain that, but the overall results don't seem too bad to me.
> That's why I'm going to propose the same timing for beta 3: 3 weeks for
> development and bug fixes (let's call it a “merge window”), 1 week for
> dealing with udeb-related unblock requests, building/testing images and
> preparing release announcement.
> The FTP Team Sprint is scheduled 2012-09-14 → 2012-09-21, but that
> should still leave enough time for development.
> Dates would be:
>   2012/09/29-30: d-i wheezy beta 3 merge window closes.
>   2012/10/06-07: d-i wheezy beta 3 is released.
> Features expected to be merged:
>  - UEFI support (Steve). Before anyone asks, and as far as I can tell:
>    it's not about supporting secure boot.
>  - IPv6 support in d-i (Philipp).
>  - Possibly more xz-related unblocks (Ansgar).
> If anybody wants to see something land into this release, it would be
> nice to mention it now instead of after the end of the merge window.

I'd like to merge in a fix for the image header, seeing as how we're
clear on the logo usage nowadays.

I'll file a patch shortly for your review.

> Mraw,
> KiBi.


Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

Reply to: