Re: EFI in Debian

Paul,

am Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 10:00:05AM -0600 hast du folgendes geschrieben:
> On Sun, Jul 8, 2012 at 7:15 AM, Wookey wrote:
> > Will Android machines make secure boot turn-offable or another key
> > installable, or will thay follow the Microsoft lead and lock
> > everything down too?
> Are there any Android devices that aren't *already* bootloader locked
> or require jailbreaking to get root? I don't think Microsoft is
> creating a trend here, locked down ARM devices are already the norm
> AFAICT.

there's a difference between requiring jailbreaking to get root and being able
to flash a random different software image. The Samsung Galaxy S is perfectly
able to get flashed, but with the default image you don't get root. I'm sort
of ok with that because I couldn't care less about the default image.

Kind regards
Philipp Kern