Re: wwwoffle

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Enrico Weigelt wrote:

> I've seen wwwoffle was dropped from Debian and Ubuntu.
> As I really need it, I'm willing to step in as maintainer.
>
> I'm currently in process of importing the available releases into
> an git repo and adding the latest patches.
>
> I've never really contributed to Debian yet, so please let me
> know what should be done here.

Please read through some of these pages:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/
http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers

Most of the steps are the same as introducing a new package. So you
need to file an ITP bug, do the package update, upload to mentors.d.n
and then look for a sponsor.

SInce you are reintroducing the package:

You should take the latest Debian packaging from the Debian wayback
machine instead of from any older version:

http://snapshot.debian.org/package/wwwoffle/

You should also unarchive and reopen all the bugs that were closed in
a version ending in +rm. If there are any such bugs that got fixed
upstream, you should close those via debian/changelog as usual:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?archive=both;dist=unstable;package=wwwoffle
http://www.debian.org/Bugs/server-control
http://packages.qa.debian.org/w/wwwoffle.html

--