Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts

On 2012-03-22 13:50, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Andreas Beckmann writes ("Re: mass bug filing of 'deluser/delgroup: command not found' errors detected by piuparts"):
>> I have revised the template to include a link to the discussion about
>> not removing system users on package removal:
>
> I think it would be better to wait with this MBF until we have sorted
> out the whole problem.

The problem I'd like to solve here is not "how to deal with system users
on postrm" but "package fails to purge due to unconditional use of
deluser" which blocks piuparts tests of dependent packages which might
have more serious bugs.

> I don't think this is good advice.

Better suggestions welcome. I'd like to give advice how to fix the buggy
postrm scripts *now* while being aware that general changes in user
handling may be needed later.

Andreas