Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Le vendredi 24 février 2012 à 18:18 -0800, Steve Langasek a écrit :
> I can well understand why some Free Software developers would decide not to
> contribute to a project that requires copyright assignment or a copyright
> license agreement such as this one.  But it would be historical revisionism
> to suggest that having copyright held by a single company makes a project
> unsuitable to be used as the basis for work in Debian.[1]

Unsuitable, no. But I think we have enough examples to show this is bad
for a project.

One of the reasons for CUPS to evolve so slowly and to be so buggy has
clearly to do with the Apple contributor agreement. And should you be
reminded of how what the OOo community used to be before LO started?

So it should not be a blocker, but it is certainly something to take
into consideration before choosing software, when alternative exists
that is not encumbered in such a way.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.      Josselin Mouette