Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 10:29:37AM +0100, Thomas Hood wrote:
> I know the System V init system fairly well but I am new to both
> Upstart and systemd. Obviously the two are similar insofar as they are
> both able to supersede SysV init.

I'm mostly a newbie with both, too. However, apart from technical
differences, I see the following as a serious issue: upstart requires
contributors to sign the Canonical contributor agreement
(http://www.canonical.com/contributors). That requirement would prevent
at least some people (including myself) from being interested in
working on upstart at all, unless paid.

--
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/docstory/mix-1-2-albanian