Re: upstart: please update to latest upstream version

Michael Biebl <biebl@debian.org> writes:

> Afaics both upstream projects take more or less the same position on
> that matter.

> At least Scott [1] was clear that he didn't intend to merge any
> non-Linux specific code and that a kfreebsd port would basically have to
> be maintained as a fork/branch.

My recollection of the last round of discussion is that this is old
information and Scott's more recent stance is not as discouraging of
support for kFreeBSD as I understand it.

At the least, Scott's position has always been more one of practicalities
and details rather than the active hostility of systemd.