Re: [DEP9] call for testing of reconf-inetd (update-inetd replacement)

hi Goswin,

On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 02:27:48PM +0100, Goswin von Brederlow wrote [edited]:
> One thing though: Can I add my own local fragments? Is there a fragment
> dir in /etc for that?

you can, and they should also go to /usr/share/reconf-inetd (as long as the
filenames don't conflict with any other packages' fragments [0])

reconf-inetd doesn't care about the origin of fragments in
/usr/share/reconf-inetd. of course, if you copy a fragment there manually, the
dpkg trigger will not be activated, so you'll have to run reconf-inetd by hand

btw I've in the meantime uploaded a new revision to unstable.

also, FWIW my FOSDEM DEP9-related talk is now online [1]

cheers,
sez

[0] though the probability of that at the moment is precisely zero, because
    reconf-inetd has no reverse deps yet

[1] although, the talk is more about the consensus building & development
    process, rather than DEP9 per se (which would be terribly boring!)

http://video.fosdem.org/2012/crossdistro/How_to_replace_a_legacy_tool_with_100k_installations.webm