Re: DEP5: minor suggestions - FSF address etc.

Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> writes:
> On 02/11/2012 10:27 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> No, this change is actually incorrect.  It should have at least two
>> spaces of indent for all the subsequent lines to preserve formatting if
>> a formatter uses the semantics of the control Description field.  (And
>> I prefer the current layout visually anyway.)

> Sorry, but I don't really understand what you're saying (maybe my
> English is too poor?). Can you explain this in a way I'd understand more
> easily (maybe giving examples)?

The Copyright field in DEP-5 is now a freeform text field (rather than
line-based) to address the problem that some copyright statements are
longer than one line.  That means that it may make sense to apply the
wrapping rules of Description to it, so if you don't want all the
copyright statements flowed together, you should start each copyright
statement with at least two spaces (to mark it as non-wrapping).