Re: history transparency

On 09/02/12 09:00, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
On 09.02.2012 08:45, Philip Ashmore wrote:
Right now it's difficult/impossible to recreate a snapshot of Debian
as it was (updates included) when the bug was reported.

I think Debian needs a way to be able to pick a point in history and
obtain at least the versions + patches of all the source packages that
would have been installed / available to reproduce the Debian system
running on the users machine at the time they reported the bug.

Like http://snapshot.debian.org/ , for instance?

Regards,

Adam

Never heard of it, or if I did, I didn't understand its significance - thanks!

I guess the next thing to roll out in the future will be virtual machines representing Debians target architectures running acceptance tests on the snapshots before publication.

Regards,
Philip Ashmore