Re: proposed new pseudo-package 'debian-mentors' for handling sponsoring requests

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:59:14 -0800, Ansgar Burchardt <ansgar@debian.org>
wrote:

We propose to use the BTS to handle sponsoring requests. Both sponsorees
and sponsors should already be familiar with its usage and we hope it
will improve the sponsoring process for both sides. It will also make it
easier to analyse sponsoring (e.g. number of requests without a
response).

As a non-developer, I really like this idea.

Just a note, though: the non-automatic subscription behavior of the
BTS could confuse new potential package maintainers, as they might
not subscribe to the corresponding bug (this has happened to me).

This should be noted in the documentation.

In other issue tracking systems, the requester is automatically
notified of any response or follow-up in the reported case.

Best regards.

--
Octavio.