FTBFS bugs against binary packages

Hello,

we are seeing an increasing number of users in #debian-next asking about FTBFS
bugs that are reported by apt-listbugs during upgrades. Most of those users
are not familiar with acronyms such as FTBFS or if these bugs apply to their
setup.

The underlying problem seems to be that a subset of FTBFS bugs are reported
against binary and not source packages, which is something we might want to
address. I think it is better to make sure that FTBFS bugs are reported
against source packages rather than "fixing" apt-listbugs, but I am not
entirely sure what the best approach is.

It is certainly important to spread the word, but implementing such
consistency checks in reportbug/mass-bugs/... might make sense.
--
Wolodja <babilen@gmail.com>

4096R/CAF14EFC
081C B7CD FF04 2BA9 94EA  36B2 8B7F 7D30 CAF1 4EFC