Re: Lintian check for missing desktop files?

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@ieee.org> writes:

>         Could you please remind me why, given that we currently have a
>  large number of menu files, that a menu2xdg script is not being
>  considered as the better path moving forward?

The menu and desktop category and classification systems are not
particularly compatible, upstream ships desktop files (and often handles
translation of desktop files) but Debian menu files are unique to us, and
the desktop files do support a few features that menu files don't.