Re: weekly-builds 14.11.2011: apt-cdrom add fails

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 10:45:41AM +0100, Andrey Gursky wrote:
>2011/11/17, Steve McIntyre <steve@einval.com>:
>>
>> Looks like a bug in apt, as far as I can see - pkgTagFile::Resize()
>> has a hard-coded internal maximum buffer size of 1MiB, and
>> Translation-da.bz2 decompresses to 1134737 bytes. It's the first file
>> in dists/wheezy/main/i18n that crosses that threshold, hence it's the
>> one listed in the error message.
>>
>> Andrey, you *may* be able to work around this problem by specifying
>> just the languages you want using Acquire::Languages in apt.conf. I've
>> not been able to test that myself yet.
>
>Steve, thanks for your quickly response! Here is the default config:
>
># apt-config dump | grep Acquire::Languages
>Acquire::Languages "";
>Acquire::Languages:: "en_US";
>Acquire::Languages:: "en";
>Acquire::Languages:: "none";
>#
>
>It seems no translations except English one should be acquired at all.
>Even if I call
>
>#apt-cdrom -oAcquire::Languages="en" add
>
>I get the error. Could apt-cdrom ignore the option?

Not sure, I'm afraid.

>Version:
>apt 0.8.15.9 for i386 compiled on Oct 14 2011 11:44:58
>
>> Um, folks - I think this is likely to be a show-stopper for putting
>> translated description files on CD/DVD. Help! :-/ As to why we've not
>> seen this in the archive yet, I don't know...
>
>I thought it would be the first time the translation file was updated
>to be more than 1 MB, but not and there are even more bigger bz2 files
>(-de, -it, -uk).
>I haven't yet updated my amd64 DVD image (07.11.2011). There is no
>dists/wheezy/i18n directory yet. So the last image is the first one
>including the i18n.

This week's CDs/DVDs are the first to include the translated
description files, as I just implemented the support last weekend. :-)

  Armed with "Valor": "Centurion" represents quality of Discipline,
  Honor, Integrity and Loyalty. Now you don't have to be a Caesar to
  concord the digital world while feeling safe and proud.