Re: libconfig9 for Wheezy?

CC'ing mentors, as this issue seems to be blocked by a missing sponsor.

On Mi, Nov 16, 2011 at 00:20:16 (CET), Jose Luis Tallón wrote:

> El 15/11/11 19:29, Ben Hutchings escribió:
>> On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 06:15:48PM +0000, Jonathan McCrohan wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> libconfig [1] has not been updated since Squeeze, and is lagging
>>> upstream by a major version.
>>>
>>> Packaging the upstream release is not a problem, but an ABI change will
>>> require a transition from libconfig8 to libconfig9.
>>>
>>> The maintainer is aware of the problem, and this has been tracked as
>>> wishlist bug #583528 since May 2010 [2].
> Any sponsor / uploader welcome.
> It isn't updated because nobody agreed to upload it, and I gave up

I don't see the new version of the package on mentors. Please consider
uploading your new package there, it will then show up on
http://packages.qa.debian.org/libc/libconfig.html in the 'todo' box
AFAIUI.

Moreover, as this upload requires a transition, you'll need to
coordinate with the release team. These days, such transitions are
tracked in form of bugs against the 'release.debian.org' pseudo package:

http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=release.debian.org;dist=unstable#_0_6_4

HTH,
Reinhard

--