Re: Possible mass bug filling for package depending on "menu".

On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 10:12:59PM +0100, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-11-04 at 10:21 +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 04, 2011 at 09:13:43AM +0100, Frank Lin PIAT wrote:
> > > Other package that depend on menu... mostly meta package
> > >   +-----------------------+-------+--------+------------+
> > >   |Package name           |provide| su in  | Dependency |
> > >   +-----------------------+-------+--------+------------+
> > > ? |blends-common          | entry | -      | depends    |
> > > ? |junior-config          | -     | -      | depends    |
> > > ? |med-config             | -     | -      | depends    |
> > > ? |science-config         | -     | -      | depends    |
> > >   +-----------------------+-------+--------+------------+
> >
> > The dependency of menu of these packages is required by
> > the Blends framework and perfectly intentional.
>
> Thank you for the information.

To be even more verbose:  The entry provided by blends-common is used by
tools inside the <blend>-config packages (after reading according
configuration).  There is no need to su in any of these packages.

Thinking twice about this the <blends>-config metapackages actually do
not really need the menu dependency because these metapackages depend
from blends-common anyway and thus the dependency is fullfilled
implicitely.  I will fix this at some point in the future but I do not
see an urgent need to do so soonish.

> > Is there any problem with this?
>
> Meta packages are beyond the scope of my current email.

OK.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--